December 9, 2008

Art Musings

Today, I took out some of my old artworks to reminiscence some of the best stress buster moments that I have ever had in my life.. Each of these Oil paintings speak a story from my page of life... They may not be sophisticated or polished, thanks to me being an amateur but I take pride in saying that I did this all by myself...



There was a phase in my life when I was so free that I could just sleep the whole day instead of being awake to be bored.. I had just completed my high school and was looking forward to college.. but there was a long break in between.. Days I spent, reading, surfing, singing to myself and travelling, my very polite neighbour, Rituka aunty (I just hope she and her kids are doing fine, coz' I sincerely don't have any idea as to where are they now..) saw some of my works and recommended me to her Art teacher, Seemita Roy!! Now this was a 'trip' phase.. I decided to kill time the best possible way ever.. So I joined for some classes where my observations, the house dog 'Biscuit', the art class in the kitchen and the wonderful house decors, were expressed through my exhaustive writings those days.. !! At the classes, my art teacher, Anjali Ela Menon's disciple, used to be always busy in doing her own masterpieces of those humongous portraits that conveyed no meanings at all, except for the sole reason they looked 'BIG'.. this work was done by me all alone within the chatter of other art buddies, colours and limited time of an hour.. I took 4 days to do the background, dress, and other stuff in the picture and owing to me being so bad with portraits, I took exactly 2 weeks to simply do the face.. Well that, according to me is the speciality of this work!!



Well, the story behind this one goes quite simple.. I wanted to do something different, something on my own and something which none has done.. This was not done in my class, though.. Had my easel and paints, that is all! But the story is that I never got the face right.. Am always good with landscapes and still art, but never with portraits.. So I called this to be the portrait of the most ugliest princess of all times.. Yeah, yeah.. I know it isn't so good.. but after all, it is mine!



Just an Oil painting of an old man with not so appropriate proportions but with a lot of meaning.. This was majorly worked upon by my fingers.. Natural art!!



Very simple story! I had an oval canvas and wanted to make use of it and voila.. This is what I did with it! However, now when I look at it, the flowers below could have been avoided and so could have been the case for the base of the tree.. Anyways, it is mine!



Oh! This one is my favorite coz' it is done from a photograph. On my way, I saw this Persian, historic villa. I just wanted to capture it in my paints. That is all! The painting is actually nice but I haven't been able to photograph it properly. These have been chosen from the attic front. I basically enjoy doing black and white sketches than Oil paintings. So soon I will be posting some of my work from the world of black and white.

2 reflections:

Anonymous said...

Well they all look great to me. Nice colours. As long as you had fun doing them and as you say, they are yours. That must be very satisfying.

Fiducia said...

Yeah Aggie, it surely is!

Post a Comment

Was this post of your interest? What kind of topics would you like me to blog about? Any criticism or open appreciation? Spill them all over here and do visit again to see the change or enjoy what you always read. Have a nice day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...