July 9, 2009

Dubai - a paradise or a paradox?


Any place on Earth that’s close to heart is a home to thyself! Such a place in my heart was the land that prospered before time, maintained its reign of monarchical rule and flourished in the hearts of those who dwelled in this region of peace – Dubai... I was born in India and before I could even wake to see my land of God’s own country, I was snoozing off in a flight off to Dubai. My life began in this paradise, my memories resided here and my experiences rose like a phoenix, over here.

I used to open my world in the sounds of Allah that echoed from behind our apartment. From childhood to adolescence, from teens to being an adult, my life revolved around the costs of this Gulf territory. My adorable school, my favorite hang-outs, my decent friends, my timeline of experiences, my dormant memories, my knowledge, my wisdom, my infatuations, my ache of love, that fun, those moments, that life, those snapshot, all evolved and faded in this land. Even before I realized the fact that what is being is not forever, I shifted my base of residence to India. But Dubai has always been in the core of my heart, my home!


As a kid, my trips from India to Dubai is when I have enjoyed its’ view from the heavens so peacefully. “As the flight yearns to touch its toes on land, what we see is amazing. The hospitality of the stewardess is heartwarming and the little snooze breaks a cry as the flight touches the land of fortune. I carry my cheer and walk out the door sill of the flight in smiles. The air of my always meant to be, hometown caresses me in love and I wait to reach home, strolling through those ever happening paths of light and life.

Why these reminiscences never leave us apart? Why do these moments prick our lives forever? It was truly a paradise of peace and people. From the lifestyle of dwellers to those who had come here for survival, all knew what luxury is all about and how does it feel about being a land so divine. Now that was paradise!


Times have changed now! The fact of a paradise has in fact turned into being a concrete paradox. Skyscrapers hugging the skies of success, lights crowning the nerves of the city, money playing the game of life and luxury donning the faces of people! Life is no longer the same here. I miss Dubai but the fact that DSF has commercialized its sanity will definitely stain my thoughts of going back there. Recession, unemployment, survival is all that matters here now! It could have always been the place that appeared in my dreams, the peace that I breathed while being back there is now engulfed with uncertainty and terror.


I believe that being prosperous while keeping your people in custody of success and smiles is one key element for being reigned as the best location on planet to survive. But all and everything has its limits and so does this one! I love Dubai but the scene back there now is no close to me wanting to go back, just if not for my pals who still lingered in this once paradise. Guys, all these palm islands will be swallowed in no time, flights may attack the poles that pierce the skies and tremors may hit the happiness if you keep torturing it with commercial manholes. STOP!!!! This is simply irony that now it is more glamor than goodness... I wish it all remained the same as it used to be once…!

Quote for the day:
“The heart is great which shows moderation in the midst of prosperity.”

3 reflections:

Anonymous said...

Great pics ... I hear such varying stories of the place ... I guess I'll have to go visit ... one day!

ann martin said...

Very nice pictures. I've never been to Dubai and it was interesting to read your perspective. Thanks for the insight.

Shravan Vijayaprasad said...

I lovee Dubai :) it's paradise for me

Post a Comment

Was this post of your interest? What kind of topics would you like me to blog about? Any criticism or open appreciation? Spill them all over here and do visit again to see the change or enjoy what you always read. Have a nice day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...