November 23, 2008

Spiritual and Clueless


Saturday blues have just arrived! I am basically not a party animal though I don’t hate attending some of them. To be frank, though I like to drink and mix cocktails in a while or have a say with a pal or two, I would rather prefer the company of solitude to that entire hoop. Wonder how many out there are like me? Today evening, however things changed. Things came by me that put me to wonder. I saw what my imagination carried off to a second world. I don’t know whether any of you have come across such thoughts, but anyways, let me hit it. 

After a lot of forced persuasion from my mom today, I planned to visit one of the oldest, well-known temples (at least in Chennai) built in the name of Lord Maheshwara, The Destroyer, the Kaapaleshwara temple. This temple was known to be engulfed by the waters, way centuries back. There is a lot of awe in terms of this temple, the place where it is located, the gala crowd hugging the area, the basic pit stop for religious stuff, the holy stories that keep the legend of the temple high and many more. 

If you are not from India or from Chennai basically, I would purely recommend you to visit Chennai and this temple especially to know a lot about Indian mythology. I really enjoy going there, especially with my parents as it keeps the old times alive. But like we all do, during the last week of the month, so low, so broke, I was just sitting back and pondering on this week’s happenings, today. That is when, though I initially hesitated but then yielded into the thought of going to the temple. I am religious within, for those who didn’t know. But I pretend not to be superstitious at times when within, I actually would be. (This is for those who know me! LOL!) Anyways, at the temple, after the offerings ceremony, there were a lot of scenes that made me think about the person whom I just saw and about how his or her existence was making a difference to my thoughts!

 
  1. A girl was gazing at the idol of Lord Shiva with a Coke bottle in her hand.(How far has globalization reached, man?)
  2. A guy kept staring at his mobile while praying. (Can’t do without technology even at the altar huh?)
  3. A guy was wooing his GF while receiving the offering from the priest. (Being religious doesn’t help buddy!)
  4. A minister and his buddies were doing a donation of thousands for the temple. (Here we have job-cuts. I think the government has still not got the point.)
To my surprise, I don’t remember the rest. But there were many such scenes that made me think about what was happening around me. For a second, I thought being religious or spiritual doesn’t change the way we live or the way we think. I just felt peaceful today. But I realized that we were going too fast in times and life, without a perfect destination. So where are we all leading too? Amidst all the problems in the world like the ones we all are currently facing; the recession is killing employment and economics all around the globe and we turn our minds for religious backup. Spirituality is no longer an issue of staying alive in minds and for good fate to solve problems but a necessity or a luxury.



I don’t know how far this thought has percolated people’s minds but it has dissolved within my decisions, though. In the coming days, I am going to take my decisions, well about everything with regard to how is it going to change the lives of people around me and that of mine too.

0 reflections:

Post a Comment

Was this post of your interest? What kind of topics would you like me to blog about? Any criticism or open appreciation? Spill them all over here and do visit again to see the change or enjoy what you always read. Have a nice day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...