November 26, 2008

Lashing cats and dogs



This is the scene that has been going on in my town for the past couple of days.. I had to literally skip work today coz' the roads were totally flooded.. For us guys here, rains are actually a blessing in disguise as if we do not get enough rains, then the summers would welcome the water shortage crisis much advance in time.. But thanks to the poor storm drain water systems in the city we, the people have to sacrifice and suffer a lot of hiccups during these times.. especially when it comes to our commutation, even to the nearest destination...
All these talks and just no action by the authorities, makes me think and blink, eventually what are their priorities??? Anyways, I blogged a little, watched TV, had some good food, spoke to some of my old pals (who were also stuck up at their dens, not being able to do anything during these heavy rains, apart from eating and sleeping..), read a book, jogged a little on the treadmill, mended some pending work and finally made myself some great sandwiches (Oh! By the way, I do really make good sandwiches, innovative and tasty ones; Those are one of the dishes that I really am good at, both cooking and eating!) and hot tea and sat by the window to enjoy the drops fall in a rush to kiss the sands of time.... Well, it is secondary that I got some time today to ponder about many things like reminiscing one of my old poems like this one, where I connect the nature of the rain to my decision of looking ahead amidst and apart all that pain....

   

I hope tomorrow is a pretty bright sunny day out there! So that I can get back to work or else, I might have to collect and reinforce some other weird stuff from my diary of thoughts...

3 reflections:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly the feeling. I hope the storms are all cleared by now. Rain does make you look out and reflect ... I guess because our busy lives are forced to slow down and we take stock of all going on around us.

Cynthia said...

With her flow drifted all the pain.
I've always liked the idea of rain
washing away my pain and or fears.
Great image.

Fiducia said...

Thks Cynthia..
I hope you liked the poem too.. LOL! Juz kiddin'..

I liked your blog and really liked your poems..am sure you gonna find me commenting on most of them..:)

If you are into poems, then I got a blog on poems too.. 'Rivera's Flame and Ice..maybe you would like simply reading some of them..am not that poetic but just scribble something when I feel I want to...

Post a Comment

Was this post of your interest? What kind of topics would you like me to blog about? Any criticism or open appreciation? Spill them all over here and do visit again to see the change or enjoy what you always read. Have a nice day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...