November 29, 2008

Angels = Friends, for health, wealth and life…

Hi Folks! Today I am a let depressed... :( Take a look at this photo! Yesterday, I came across this blog, ‘The Domestic Diva’. This blog belongs to a concerned mother; a mother who sews amazingly, has a beautiful daughter with a great set of friends, all dwelling in a small town, at some corner of Philadelphia in the US.
The girl, Marielle whom you see in the above snap goes to school, is brilliant, talented and loves her mom a lot. She has two kidneys like the most of us but the depressing fact is that her kidneys are not functioning normally as it is supposed to.

Yeah, she is victimized by Chronic Renal failure.
Now why am I so concerned?? If I look back 13-14 years in my life biography, (Yeah, have come a long way!), I see myself in Marielle. That is right! I too was once in a condition of Chronic Renal failure.

As a word of faith, I posted a comment on her mom's blog for her daughter. She mailed me today morning, voicing her happiness over what she read. A tear or two slipped by my cheek as the reminiscence of my past flashed in front of my eyes. I know exactly how she would have felt. My mom is what I saw in her, Jeannie.
10 years up the line, as I look back, I remember my doc letting me know that such cases for young girls happen once, one in a million. Today I look around and I see the number just being swapped. It is more like a thousand in a million, regardless of age or sex, life style or education even if you are rich or poor. And not just Marielle, but there are so many out there who need help. Just that only some of these people and their conditions come to our knowledge, at times.



Two days back she was rushed to emergency as her condition was deteriorating. She happily flips through the pages of a favorite book not aware of the darkness laid in front of her. Days back, her mom had blogged to let the world know, that an easy pal has volunteered to donate her kidney and so far so good, the tests have been matching. Amen!! Marielle looks forward for a heavy feast during Thanksgiving and Christmas, as her surgery is scheduled the next day of Christmas, the transplant operation. Her blood pressure is rising and her blood counts are dropping, day by day. My heart goes out for her completely because I lost on my best years of teenage and childhood, thanks to this disease.



Being the only child for my parent, I was always pampered and loved by all. Even an injury of petite importance would take them by shock, if it happened to me. That is when I encountered a breathing difficulty while preparing for my 8th standard exams which shocked my parents completely. I was never a healthy child, always anemic, but my folks never realized that their daughter was sinking into something from where she could never opt out. I thought I was going to stop breathing eventually as the pressure rose and I couldn’t take it anymore. Hospital to hospital, bed to bed, finally the doctors addressed my folks and let them know that their daughter has kidneys that have shrunk completely and are dysfunctional. Heart broken, for the first time, I saw my dad shed a tear and burst into complete sorrow. The doctors put me onto peritoneal dialysis, unlike Marielle who is on haemo-dialysis, and so my next 4 years passed in having a tube from the inside of my tummy swung around my hip, all for the dialysis purpose. This tube had become a part of my life. I studied like the normal, played and even won accolades in various domains. Finally after my high school, we found the perfect donor (with whom I have no connections as of now, and that makes me feel low and guilty!) who like an angel bowed down and placed his blessings on my life. After a lot of struggle and another couple of surgeries, I have now arrived here.

Well, may my stories lie behind and let us focus on Marielle. Quite contradicting to what you saw above, below shown is a snap of Marielle in the hospital now. All in smiles, as she lay on this white bed of daisies, I pray that strength and courage bind her and be happy for life, may she. The story of Marielle has really disturbed me as it brings back my memories. Most of my friends and family never knew about my condition and so I assume that blessings for me were scarce. Prayers really help and we all need it. Marielle at this point needs it a lot.



Numerous lives were taken in and out of terror dens in Mumbai and now we have left no chance to save them or even pray for them apart from the fact that we can wish that their souls rest in peace. Marielle still has a chance! I request all of you to go through her mom’s blog and give wisdom of advices, blessings of thoughts and a bouquet of prayers.



I wish to hear from Jeannie, her mom soon that Marielle has finally succeeded in fighting her destiny and is staying happy in smiles with her friends and well wishers. Let us pray that this day comes to us in news, soon!

8 reflections:

joie de vivre said...

i'l pray hard...as loud as i can..
god bless her

RiverSoul said...

Sometimes, things happen which are beyond our control. Such times bring out the best in some brave people. Both of you seem to me, to be of that category..... A category of fighters, lovers of life. And a people who know exactly how important life is. . . . Not just for us, but also for the sake of our loved ones.
Both you and Marielle have suffered a lot, and yet, you've embraced life to d fullest. Hats off to both of you, for ur courage and strength. If there exists a God, may he Bless you.
I'm an agnostic by choice and by experience. But i'll pray anyway. For Marielle.
Thankyou for bringing this out to us....


PS. Thankyou for following my Blog!
:)

Anonymous said...

I hope you stay all well yourself now after your harrowing childhood and we give thanks you are well now. We will pray for Marielle and her Mum and a speedy and total recovery.

Fiducia said...

Thank you all for your heart warming comments and especially prayers.. Maybe angels out there will get triggered to help Marielle soon enough by hearing our requests...!

Anitha said...

I have no words to console you... GOD BLESS YOU...

Anonymous said...

I pray whole heartedly too.

I like dreading this post. somehow both your lives got interspersed with this one post. You are a fighter! I salute you for that.

By the way, nice blog. have blogrolled you.hope you don't mind:)

Anonymous said...

sorry, the second line in the above comment goes-'I liked reading your post' .

Fiducia said...

Not at all Mithe..
It's an honour!!

Post a Comment

Was this post of your interest? What kind of topics would you like me to blog about? Any criticism or open appreciation? Spill them all over here and do visit again to see the change or enjoy what you always read. Have a nice day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...